Saturday, July 9, 2011

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Alex Dominguez, Aztec & Mayan Muscle


Alex Dominguez Morales is a multi-faceted man. He is a runner studying to be a personal trainer. He does fitness modeling. He operates his own Website and Youtube channel where he promotes health and fitness. Originally from Mexico, he is now based in Portland, Oregon. In this exclusive interview, he shares his thoughts about health, fitness, and the role of images and role models in Latino identity.

Alex Dominguez Morales es un hombre polifacético. Corre y estudia para ser entrenador personal. Hace modelaje. Y también opera su propia página y canal de Youtube en donde promueve físicoculturismo y salud — además de otro canal en donde enseña español a ingléshablantes. En esta entrevista exclusiva, comparte sus pensamientos sobre la salud, los ejercicios y también el afecto de imagenes en la identidad latinoamericana.


ALEX’S STATS
Age: 26
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 138
Waist: 29
Shoes: 9


You mentioned that you are both Aztec and Maya. The modeling industry often focuses on models with very European looks. How do you feel about that?
One of my goals has always been to not discriminate against any race. I consider that my native people are one of the best races. We had bodies just as beautiful as the Europeans. I’ve never liked racism. We all deserve to be recognized because of our roots and race. The world is evolving, and very soon another race will take charge. If we want to continue progressing, we have to adapt to change.

Mencionaste que eres Azteca y Maya. Muchas veces aquí en las américas (incluso México, estados unidos, etc.) la industria de modelaje se enfoca demasiado en modelos de herencia europeo y rasgos muy europeos. ¿Qué opinas de eso?
Una de mis metas siempre ha sido no descriminar contra ninguna raza. Yo considero que mi gente nativa era una de las mejores razas. Teniamos cuerpos muy hermosos tal como los modelos Europeos. El racismo nunca me ha gustado. No me gusta apuntar a nadien. todo merecemos ser reconosidos por nuestras herencias y raises. El mundo esta evolucionando, claro que si y muy pronto otra raza tomara el mando. Si queremos seguir avanzando tenemos que adaptarnos a los cambios.



You state in your profile that one of your goals is to promote health and exercise in the Latino and Mexican communities. How did you decide to focus on this?
I love promoting good things in the world. Today, television and other media mostly just offer clowns. I’m not saying that clowns aren’t good, just that there are so many that the youth is spending more and more time looking at them. If it’s not clowns, it’s ostentatious women. Which is how our youth learn about sex and mediocrity.
One thing that motivates me is my theory that there are levels that man has not yet been able to reach. I want people to prepare and learn for the future that awaits us.
Lately I have a lot of people who in just six months have lost weight. Others tell me they are faster on the track field. I have people who had back pain and now they don’t. The truth is that my theory about exercise has been a miracle for many people, as they describe it on Youtube.

Escribes en tu perfil que una meta tuya es promover la salud y ejercicio dentro de la comunidad latina y mexicana. ¿Cómo decidiste iniciar eso?
Si, me encanta promover las cosas buenas en el mundo. Hoy en dia la mayoria de la television y vias de comunicacion solo ofrecen payasos. No digo que los payasos no son buenos solo que hay tantos que la juventud cada dia se trastorna mas mirando esos payasos. Si no son payasos son mujeres chinacas. Que es lo que nuestra juventud aprende sexo y mediocridad.
Algo que me motiva hacer lo que hago es mi teoria de que hay niveles que el hombre no ha podido todavia llegar. Yo quiero que la gente se prepare y aprenda para el futuro que nos espera.
Ultimamente tengo mucha gente en solo seis meses ya han bajado de peso. Otros me dicen que ya tienen mas velocidad en su carrera de track field. Tengo gente que tenia dolores en la espalda y ahora ya no lo tienen. La verdad es que mi teoria de ejercicio es un milagro para mucho como lo describen en Youtube.


You also post Spanish-language classes on your channel. How did you decide to start that?
The Spanish-language classes were ideas from a teacher who cares about me as if I were his son. He had they idea, and I thought it sounded good.

También pones videos como clases de español en tu canal. ¿Cómo decidiste empezar eso, y cómo ha sido la reacción?
Los videos de Español son ideas de un maestro que me quiere como su hijo. El tuvo la idea y a mi me parece bien.


What is your regular exercise routine?
To stay in shape is very easy for me, yet very difficult at the same time. I exercise every day except Saturday, which is my day of rest. I am a true runner. I train 70 miles or 120 miles a week. Domingo is my longest training day; sometimes I run 25 or 30 miles then. And that’s not counting my routine for abs and stretching.

¿Cómo es tu rutina de ejercicios?
Para mantenerme en forma es muy facil para mi pero muy dificil a la vez. Yo entre todo los dias con execion de el Sabado que es mi dia de descanzo. Soy un corredor de fondo. Entreno de 70 millas a 120 millas por semana. El domingo es mi dias de entrenamiento mas largo a veces ago 25 a 30 millas en ese dia. Mas no cuento mi rutina de abdominales y extrechamientos especificos para mi bien estar saludable.


Widget by Forex Trading | Business

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Online